The IDEA Week Innovation Awards team is accepting submissions for:
- 1. Entrepreneur of the Year – $7,500 Prize
- 2. Female Entrepreneur of the Year – $7,500 Prize
- 3. Young Entrepreneur of the Year – $2,500 Prize
Additional awards, which do not require submissions, are Inventor of the Year, South Bend – Elkhart’s Top 10 Inventors by Number of Patents Issued and South Bend – Elkhart’s Top 10 Companies by Number of Patents Issued.
Deadline: March 29 @ 5:00 p.m.
The IDEA Week Innovation Awards will be held at a ceremony on April 8 at 6:30 p.m. at the Palais Royale in downtown South Bend, Indiana. Register now.
Eligibility and Qualifications
Eligibility: Awards are open to residents of St. Joseph, Elkhart, and Marshall counties in Indiana and Berrien and Cass counties in Michigan.
Qualifications for the Innovation Awards (Entrepreneur of the Year, Young Entrepreneur of the Year and Female Entrepreneur of the Year). All three awards share the same qualifications, except where noted below.
- 1. Must have founded (or co-founded) a company (or division within an existing company that is very different from the original company’s product offerings) at least three years ago but no longer than 12
- 2. At least one of the companies founded must be a for-profit enterprise
- 3. At least one of the companies founded must reside in the South Bend – Elkhart region
- 4. The company must be currently making sales
- 5. The company’s product/service offerings must be national or international in scope (i.e., not just for those in the surrounding region)
- 6. Young Entrepreneur of the Year: 26 years of age or younger
- 7. Female Entrepreneur of the Year: must be female
Please contact Nick Swisher at email@example.com.